Iris used to be the Incubus King's long-suffering secretary. She handled much of the running of his empire, as well as reining in the worst of his excesses. Despite serving as an administrator, she is a capable mage and can be very dangerous when she is acting strategically - twice so far she had sprung unpleasant surprises to Simon and his allies.
Iris is first shown, without being named, during one of the cutscenes after the prologue, informing the Incubus King that he has run out of elf sluts and trying (and failing) to guide his mind away from his weird fetishes and towards more productive actions, such as conquering the world.
Her next appearance is again in a cutscene, during Chapter 2, when she reminds her boss that he doesn't rule Ardoheim yet. Much to her dismay, this prompts him to order a hasty invasion, a decision that will have great consequences to Simon and those around him.
Iris' actions in the invasion itself is off-screen, but with great impact: she drops (or orders dropped) a pair of seeds of corruption to soften up the enemy's resistance. The first one lands near the camp of Sister Carina's soldiers, and, after Carina's semi-successful attempt at purifying it, she becomes infected with its corruption, which results in her having sex with Simon and later, joining his group. The second seed is dropped after the Horde is successfully repulsed, but its cunning positioning forces Simon to use his Incubus King's powers, attracting the attention of other shardholders. This in turn results in Simon being taken hostage by the Empress of the Orgasmic Empire and the temporary split of the party (and the plot) into three in his absence.
During the gathering, Yarra's group has the opportunity to interact with Iris, who unsurprisingly has come with the Incubus King. The first conversation is the most interesting, as Iris shares her frustrations with her boss. She explains that she is loyal not personally to him, but to her people - the succubi under his rule. Yarra tries to insinuate the possibility of a possible successful rebellion, but it seems that Iris doesn't believe in fairy tales anymore... About other masters being better, she acknowledges their existence but she is set firmly in the hard reality. Also, you hear some alarming news about Riala.
In Chapter 3, Iris again appears in a cutscene in the Incubus King's throne room, this time reporting about the Doom(ed) King's successful conquest of Yhilin. Simon finds out the consequences of that conversation a few days later... During negotiations between the queens of Darghelon and Gheldaron, "someone" has dropped a seed of corruption that has sealed them. But then the Incubus King lost the interest and the Seed and the the troops send there are forgotten. Only the intervention of one of the Doom King's captains, will save the situation somewhat.
After the war started, she has some appearances as we see glimpses of what is happening in the enemy's headquarters. She seems to be on top of the things, but she also shows a healthy respect for her opponents as she acknowledges that she can't be ready for all the surprises that the enemy is planning. Seriously undervalued by her boss, she keeps her loyalty until the moment that the Incubus Superking announces his new secret weapon: the Unsuccubi. At that point, he crosses a red line.
So when the chance to jump ships arrives at her door (literally!), she doesn't hesitate much.
In Simon and Iris's first reunion after the Incubus Emperor is defeated, she says the following line and it shows a lot about her character:
|“|| Iris: "You... you understand basic economics?"|
Simon: "... yes?"
Iris: "That is so fucking hot."
Relationship points Edit
Maximum affection is 100, at which you can have a conversation with the harem girl that will lock her affection there.
Base value: 30.
- -3 choosing "Sabotage as much as possible" at Entrance Tunnels.
- Up to +5 when infiltrating the Tower of Mist, from stealth and not looting storerooms. With the best result, the elite succubus will say "You were actually amazingly sneaky, getting in here! I mean, a fight and an alarm, but I can take care of those!"
- -5 choosing "Begin sabotage campaign" at Tower of Mist in Gasm Falls.
- +3 if you encountered 10 succubi in Incubus Castle who left without fighting. (Requires very low IKD morale.)
- Up to +20 from morale of the former Incubus King's Domain after winning the war, or down to -5.
- +2 if you do well enough at Bloody Spire that later when meeting Aka, Orcent says "Most importantly, the orc hordes have agreed to serve the Doom King."
- +2 sending economic aid to repair damage to the Chalice. (Only requested if you chose to sabotage it).
- +5 sending economic aid to help the Chalice States feed surrounding regions temporarily, in Conference Chamber during war aftermath.
- +5 using political capital to help the Chalice States deal with outsider merchants, in Conference Chamber during war aftermath.
- +5 using political capital to make the Church of Ivala stop persecuting Ivalan succubi, in Conference Chamber during war aftermath, OR unmissable +2 if negligible persecution occurs due to sufficient religion influence.
- +5 talking to black-haired succubus with marriage idea, in Conference Chamber during war aftermath. (Only available with low IKD morale.)
- +5 sending military forces to police human bandits on Yhilin's southern border. (Only requested with high instability across the continent.)
- +3 investing in expanding Yhilini trade into former IKD territories. (Only available with low IKD morale.)
- +3 investing in Gasm Falls shop. (Must have been previously contacted.)
- +5 investing in Chalice States trade.
- Unmissable +5 from Chapter 4 start.
Maximum legit value: 100 (+1 leeway).
Affection titles Edit
|Party Members||Simon ● Aka ● Altina ● Carina ● Hilstara ● Nalili ● Qum D'umpe ● Robin ● Riala ● Uyae ● Varia ● Yarra|
|Guest party Members||Kai ● Tal ● Vhala ● Antarion ● Sho|
|NPC Harem Girls||Megail ● Trin ● Balia ● Iris ● Lynine ● Orilise|
|Allies||Dari ● Elleani ● Fuani ● Janine ● Mestan ● Min ● Neranda ● Sarai ● Wynn|
|Unique orcs||Orcent ● Stark ● The Impaler ● Ralke ● Implevon the Third ● Grubbak|
|Incubus Kings||Lustlord ● The Anak ● The Empress ● The Incubus King ● Lord of Blood ● The Fucklord ● Skullcrusher ● Doom King|
|Other Major NPCs||Alonon ● Andra ● Biyue ● Dheria ● Eytria ● Fheliel ● Commander Geoff ● Ginasta ● Hester ● Palina ● Tyna ● Wendis ● Xestris ● Zelica|