During Chapter 3, your orc breeding specialist will work to create better orcs from the unmanaged and highly variable stock found on Arclent. This seems certain to affect the strength of your army next time it is needed, but the game also hints that Simon has long-term plans for orckind...
Seed orcs Edit
Before you can get started, you must gather "seed orcs" in Ari-Yhilina, orcs who are notable in some minor way. These seem interchangeable mechanically and the total doesn't affect breeding, at least from what has been shown so far, but you should get them all.
There are three visible and three hidden stats tracked in orc development, plus one switch:
And finally whether or not you implement "Orc Evolution" after it's unlocked by the relevant research.
These values are initially calculated from your unique orcs' traits (your army quantity and quality do not affect breeding, though the reverse is definitely untrue!). As we can infer from the table below, the best starting values are 8 Strength, 7 Intelligence, and 7 Discipline - but you could have as low as 2 Strength, 4 Intelligence, and 2 Discipline, if you have only Orcent (and the dead orc, which is unmissable).
Each "iteration" of spending time in Yhilin, you can order a +2 increase to one of the first three stat totals, or start Orc Evolution ("Other"), which gives +1 to the latter three. You can make a total of three "upgrades" to stats before you stop experimenting and standardize the army with whatever improvements you've managed.
(Note that the orc "fancy walk" petition does not improve Discipline if funded. Its price is based on Discipline, and it does give a sizable immediate boost to Yhilin's acceptance of orcs, but this is not helpful to breeding.)
Unique orcs Edit
The following list explains (briefly) how to obtain these orcs:
- Orcent - Unavoidable.
- Stark - Found in the shrine on the second visit to the Feroholm region.
- The Impaler - Unavoidable, but the player can choose to kill or spare him.
- Ralke - Requires failure of the Orc Extermination proposal.
- Implevon the Third - Requires raising Orc Intelligence to 10 or higher with Balia.
- Dead Zirantian orc - Unavoidable loot from a tomb in Zirantia.
- Grubbak - Unavoidable.
- Patty - Recruited by speaking to him (in order) in the Tarran'Kan Slums, Gasm Falls, the Givini Camps and finally the docks in Cee'Kan.
So far only Orcent, Grubbak and the dead Zirantian orc are not optional.
Unique orcs give stat boosts all by themselves. But you can gain stats boosts (so far only for hidden stats) by other means.
Orc stats Edit
|Implevon the Third||1||1|
|dead Zirantian orc||1||1||1|
|Bonus for doing (and applying) Orc Development research||1||1||1|
|Bonus during Orcent's transformation||1|
|Bonus based in Balia's affection||1||1||1|
|Conversation with Orcent in Fhefiel's Crown (Cee'Kan)||1||1|
|Conversation with Stark in Abandoned shrine (Feroholm)||1||1|
Orcent's transformation Edit
One iteration after returning from Zirantia, it will be time to make a real step forward. Orcent will be summoned to the lab, and his body will be transformed into a new model based on your progress. The quality of the result is based on how many of these 5 criteria you achieve:
- at least 8 Intelligence,
- at least 10 Intelligence,
- at least 8 Discipline,
- at least 10 Discipline,
- having initiated (not merely researched!) orc evolution.
To achieve all of these, you would need to have the best starting values, then order time to be spent on Discipline, Intelligence, and Evolution, and be sure to speak with Implevon.
The results increase the affection of several harem members by varying amounts, plus other benefits:
- +1 to orc Sapience with at least 4 criteria met.
- +2 army quality with at least 4 criteria, or +1 with at least 2.
- A slight increase to Yhilin's acceptance of societal changes (such as orcs) with all 5 criteria.
Minor effects Edit
Having Intelligence and Discipline scores of 10 or higher does change some of the dialogue with the various orcs around Yhilin, especially in the Palace and Outskirts. Similarly, a Sapience score of 5 or higher has some minor dialogue changes as well, specifically with the orc in the Outskirts previously trying to understand why the people of Yhilin "plant hoomans".
War preparations Edit
When you return from Eustrin and talking to Orcent about the status of the army, the orcs' hidden stats are modified one more time based on Simon's relationship with Balia. A score of 70 or higher means that the orcs gain an additional +1 to Sapience, Attractiveness, and Magic.
War effects Edit
Chapter 4 effects Edit
Visit Fheliel´s Crown in Cee'Kan and watch the scene. Visit Balia in the Headquarters (in the general magical lab or in her orc one in the Courtyard if you have funded it): you will trigger a scene and get the bonus: +1 to both Orc Sapiens and Orc Magic.
Conversation with Stark on the shrine where you found his head (Stark has to be recruited must regained his body either during Govern Yhilin 4 or in the Headquarters Courtyard). This conversation gives hidden +1 to both Orc Sapiens and Orc Magic.
- ↑ It has an influence on your Army Size.
- ↑ You must talk to Implevon to get his bonus.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Not available before the transformation deadline (or in Chapter 3 at all).
- ↑ The progress that Balia brings to the visible stats it's not included as it can be customized by the player. It's assumed that player has been able to research orc development with Robin and applying with Balia in time.