This is a timeline of the major events of the world of The Last Sovereign, both before and during the plot of the game. As the game itself provides very few explicit dates, most of the dates are based on conjecture, interpretation, and information provided by the author outside the game. Nevertheless, this list is a good approximation of the order of events.
Dates are given in AE for Arclent Era, per Sierra Lee's definition. Cultures other than the human nations on that continent may use other calendar systems. All birth dates are taken from the ages on the wiki pages, with the ages presumed to be the age when they are first met by the party in game (Allowing some wiggle room as to what the date of the first meeting is).
Before Arclent Era Edit
- Eustrin founded for the protection of the Dwarven people.
- An ancient Incubus King (not the Incubus King) ruled in present day Zirantia.
- Zirantian led monarchy in cultural successor to the Incubus King ruled state in present day Zirantia.
Early Arclent Era Edit
- The Lustlord becomes a shard-holder, takes control of the Kingdom of Rodak.
- The Anak becomes a shard-holder, takes control of the Kingdom of Philon.
- 1st Arclent War ("Foundation War" in Ardoheim.)
- Formation of Ardoheim, Aram and Givini as states.
- Esthera becomes a shard-holder, formation of the Orgasmic Empire in Renthnor.
c. 850-900 AE
- Explorers from Arclent circumnavigate the globe.
- Discovery of the continent of Thenours by Arclent's Explorers.
- Founding of Thaumaturgical Academy in Stineford.
- Reign of King Ristlin VII of an unnamed kingdom in the region of Stineford.
11th Century AE Edit
c. 1045 - 1065 AE
- Birth of future High Priestess Hester.
c. 1082-1083 AE
c. 1000?? - 1110 AE
12th Century AE Edit
c. 1100 - 1130 AE
- The Lord of Blood acquires a shard, establishes his floating fortress and begins building his armies.
1100s AE Edit
- Birth of Wynn in a small nation near Givini that was subsequently conquered and destroyed by [the Incubus King] in the 2nd Arclent War.
1110s AE Edit
c. 1110-1112 AE
- Simon's Father remarries.
c. 1110 - 1118 AE
2nd Arclent War Edit
c. 1112-1115 AE
- Death of Simon's Father and Step-Mother in early stages of war, before they had any children.
- Latest probable dates for the beginning of Alonon's reign as King of Ardoheim.
c. 1112-1117 AE
- Marriage of Simon and Wendis.
- Birth of Eytria as Princess of Darghelon.
- Birth of Dheria as Princess of Gheldaron.
c. 1117 - 1122
- Fall of Vinario.
- Loss of Western Aram to the Incubus King.
- Givini's Last Stand. King of Givini and his personal guard make a last stand to allow their allies to escape. Simon, Wendis and Wynn escape from Givini with the Ardan Army, but most of the legion they were serving in do not.
- Fall of the Southwestern Elf Kingdom.
- Destruction of the political leadership of the nations in the areas of Feroholm and Stineford, temporary occupation of these areas by the Incubus King.
- The Incubus King's invasion begins to run out of momentum, and some counter-offensives to take back territory on the Ardan front are undertaken. There is "ebb and flow" in the initiative of the war for some period between Givini's Last Stand and the introduction of the Unpeople.
- Wynn is separated from Simon and Wendis when she is sent to Aram.
- Simon meets and rescues Linda, an aunt of the future Aramite Captain Palina, during a battle on the Ardan front, which included a near encounter with Riala. Simon and Wendis become lovers with Linda to help counteract the aftereffects of the lust magic used on them during the battle.
- Creation of the legions of Unpeople.
- Simon, Wendis and Linda are transferred to Aram. Linda is killed in battle while Simon was present, and he carried her body back while severely wounded himself, which Palina witnessed as a child.
- Repulse of the armies of the Incubus King from the regions of Feroholm and Stineford, and also the territory of some of the ruined kingdoms west and South of Feroholm and the Withered Mountain. Ardoheim annexes all of these areas.
- The Incubus King is trapped in Devil's Pass for several months through powerful Divine magic.
1120s AE Edit
- Official end of the 2nd Arclent War, the Incubus King is recognized as ruler of territories held by his forces.
- Birth of Antarion in Ardoheim.
- Church of Ivala wages an undeclared war on the Incubus King, ultimately resorting to the Chosen of Ivala. Military units serving the Ardan Army continue the fight in an apparently unofficial capacity at first, with only the Church armies remaining in the fight by the end.
c. 1123 - 1128 AE
- The Incubus King launches an amphibious invasion of what is now Zirantia, a secondary goal of which is the acquisition of powerful artifacts left by previous Incubus Kings.
- Ardan and Ivalan Church armies, including Simon and Wendis, intervene to expel the Incubus King from Zirantia.
- Hilstara, as a young teenager, serves with Simon and Wendis in the Ardan army prior to Wendis' death.
c. 1126 - 1134 AE
c. 1128 - 1132 AE
- Owing to political pressure from the ambiguity of the line of succession to her brother King Alonon following the deaths of many of the royal family in the war, Tyna's mother marries after remaining single until late in life.
- Birth of Aka in Ardoheim.
- Birth of Biyue.
- Birth of Yarra in the Incubus King's Domain.
- Wendis is killed by the spiritual remnant of an ancient Incubus King during a skirmish for control of its crypt between the Ardan/Ivalan Expeditionary Force and the forces of the Incubus King. Riala is present on the Incubus King's side.
c. 1129 - 1133 AE
1130s AE Edit
c. 1130 - 1145 AE
- Simon spends several years living in various countries in Thenours, including some time in Ghenalon, and then several years exploring the Renthnor Wilds searching for knowledge that would help defeat the Incubus King.
- During this period, Hilstara transfers from the Ardan Army to the Church armies, then becomes a mercenary with the Redlight company.
- Birth of Altina.
- Birth of Elleani to an elf father and a noble Givini mother in the Incubus King's Domain.
- Birth of Qum D'umpe.
c. 1137-1143 AE
c. 1136 - 1146 AE
- Birth of Min.
1140s AE Edit
c. 1138 - 1145 AE
- The Fucklord acquires a shard and seizes control over Erosia.
- Dari's family flees a smaller country in Thenours by paying for passage on an ocean-going trading ship. Both her parents died during the voyage, leaving Dari an orphan in Ardoheim on her arrival.
c. 1140 - 1150 AE
c. 1140 - 1145 AE
c. 1143 - 1150 AE
- Janine and the late King of Yhilin are married and ascend the throne as co-regnants.
- Death of King of Yhilin, Janine reigns as sole monarch.
c. 1143 - 1145 AE
- Wynn settles in Zirantia and begins living alone in the wilderness, concentrating on her research.
c. 1144 - 1150 AE
- Teenaged Dari undergoes a botched and unwanted Unwoman transformation.
1150s AE Edit
c. 1148 - 1154 AE
- Varia steals cache of explosives in Thenours and flees to Arclent, begins life as a bandit chief in area around Ardoheim.
- Robin begins attending Thaumaturgical Academy in Stineford.
- Simon begins accompanying and training the Chosen of Ivala while based in Feroholm.
- Yarra flees the Incubus King's Domain.
- Dari is arrested on false charges of assault and imprisoned in "The Hole".
Events of The Last Sovereign Edit
1153 AE Autumn/Early Winter
- Simon and Altina accompany Kai to the fortress on Withered Mountain. Death of Kai and capture of Altina.
- Riala implants Simon with a soul-shard.
- Simon accompanies Tal to Delgar Forest, meets Aka.
- Party discovers Yarra at cache of sexual power. Aka is corrupted.
- Death of Tal. Yarra and Aka join party.
- Yarra convinces Simon to partly embrace his power in Feroholm. Rescue of Qum.
- Party meets Megail at merchant camp.
- Party meets Orcent.
- Party stays in Stineford, meets Hilstara.
- Robin joins the party.
- Party takes Devil's Pass to Yhilin. Hilstara joins after betrayal by Ivastan.
- Party defeats palace coup against Janine in Ari-Yhilina. Simon acquires ownership of Trin.
- Megail joins Harem after a dispute with Reval and the Kingsmen.
1153 AE Winter - 1154 AE Early Summer
- The party spends about six months in Ari-Yhilina.
1154 AE Summer/Early Autumn
- The Doom King consolidates his initial army, recruiting orcs and succubi in the regions of Stineford and Feroholm.
- Possible rescue of Altina. Possible encounter with Stark. Party meets The Impaler.
- Riala warns the party of an impending invasion of Ardoheim by the Incubus King's orc horde.
- The party acquires Commander Geoff's grudging permission to pass the Watchtowers, warning him of the impending attack.
- The party meets Carina at the Dark Fortress while reconnoitering the mountain passes near the Watchtowers. Iris fires a Seed of Corruption at the fortress, which Carina destroys at the expense of her purity. Carina joins the party and the harem.
- Battle of the Incubus King's orc horde, Carina's troops and the forces of the Doom King at the passes by the Dark Fortress. The Doom King becomes a vassal of Esthera, Simon is taken as a hostage by Esthera.
- Simon's sojourn in the Orgasmic Empire.
- Megail, Hilstara, Varia and Carina journey to Aram and Eustrin, first encounter with Mestan.
- Aka, Robin and Trin lay groundwork for the plan in Ari-Yhilina.
- Yarra, Qum and Orcent attend The Gathering of Kings. Ginasta terminates the Skullcrusher with extreme prejudice.
1154 AE Autumn
- The Reunion.
- Ardford Summit. Simon's secret surprised by Vhala.
- Rescue of Dari. Party investigates the misuse of unpeople with Vhala.
- The party meets Antarion, a great duelist and an incorrigible woman-chaser.
- Trial of Radical Ivalans before King Alonon. Tyna acts as prosecutor.
1155 AE Winter/Spring
1155 AE Spring/Summer
- Party possibly encounters Ralke.
- The Doom King invades Yhilin.
- Party helps pacify and stabilize Ari-Yhilina after the Doom King takes control.
- Party assists in diplomatic crisis in the Elven Kingdoms.
- Lynine and Orilise join the Harem.
- Party visits Zirantia.
- Uyae joins the party. Fuani emigrates to Yhilin with party.
- Simon reunites and quarrels with Wynn.
1155 AE Late Summer/Autumn
- Possible birth of Implevon the Third in Yhilini orc breeding program.
- Transformation of Orcent. Second anniversary of Simon's acquiring the shard.
- Trade Negotiations between Orgasmic Empire, Ghenalon and Yhilin.
- Simon's alter ego as a Commander of the Doom King's forces is given the name "Dargai" owing to an orcish malapropism.
- Party visits Eustrin.
- Mestan meets Simon, Simon reunites with Palina.
- Neranda and the Doom King formalize a secret alliance between Eustrin and Yhilin.
- Eustrin formalizes secret trade relations with Darghelon, Gheldaron, and the Maranite Bedouin.
- Border Incident between Yhilin and Aram.
3rd Arclent War Edit
1155 AE Autumn
- Strategic bombardment with Seeds of Corruption of all the free nations of Arclent by the Incubus King. Party deploys via teleportation to destroy as many seeds as possible.
- Beginning of the 3rd Arclent War.
- Yhilini Army under the command of Hilstara deploys to Aram to help intercept the forces of the Incubus King. Varia and (possibly) Altina accompany her as lieutenants. They meet Grubbak and Mestan.
- Yarra, Qum and Nalili commence infiltration of the Incubus King's Domain, and encounter and recruit Elleani. Elleani's network of Givini survivors and Succubus dissenters is recruited by the forces of the Doom King.
- Robin helps her former professors and classmates destroy a Seed and prepare the Academy and Stineford as a whole for the coming conflict. The Incubus King makes a surprise assault on Stineford, Robin helps direct the defense of the city and the Academy by using a temporary holy barrier to divide the invading orc horde in two, so that the defending force can defeat it in detail. The Incubus King appears in person outside Stineford and breaches the barrier. Wynn reveals to Simon that she knows his secret, and teleports to the Academy to use necromancy on the hostile orcs in its defense. The Doom King teleports to the battlefield to confront the Incubus King in person, and eventually forces him to retreat with the assistance of the Academy's mages. The forces of the Incubus King are pushed South through Feroholm towards Ardford.
- Aka, Uyae and Carina are deployed as military liaisons to Ardford, working with Tyna, Commander Geoff and Vhala. They assist in the battle for the Ardan bridges. The Doom King and Simon teleport in to assist as well. Aka's team works with Vhala to mitigate the damage the war is doing to Ardoheim.
- Yhilini dissidents exploit the distraction of the war to attempt a coup to overthrow the Doom King and Janine, but are defeated.
- Simon joins Robin and Orcent in Stineford and travels to Feroholm to help organize advance of the Doom King's army towards the main body of the Incubus King's forces. They are joined by Robin's former classmate Sho.
- Simon travels to Ardford to coordinate strategy with High Priestess Hester. The Wall of Ivala is activated, dividing and trapping the Incubus King's armies in Ardoheim, while cutting off most of their supplies. The Incubus King reveals the Unsuccubi, greatly increasing the chaos on the Ardan front. Simon's alter-ego as Dargai is compromised by the Ardan government.
- Riala is captured and de-programmed by the Doom King. Together they turn Iris into a double agent.
- Transformation of Grubbak by Balia.
- Tyna asks her uncle, King Alonon to intervene more directly in the war effort. He refuses, but gives her the royal seal.
- Simon, with the assistance of Aka's team, destroys Unsuccubi and encourages the surrender of the forces of the Incubus King on the Western Ardan Front. The Incubus King makes a surprise direct assault on Ardford. Commander Geoff tries to stall the Incubus King in personal combat with the aid of Antarion, but Antarion abandons him to die. Despite this, the Incubus King's assault is repulsed.
- Orcent and Grubbak, possibly with the assistance of the Impaler, Ralke and/or Implevon the Third, vie for the support of the orcs of the the Incubus King's Domain at the Bloody Spire.
- Hilstara, with the aid of Varia and possibly Altina. attempts to hold a group of passes into Aram against a renewed orc onslaught organized personally by the Incubus King.
- Ginasta attempts a direct attack on the Incubus King with the Inquisitor and the Chosen of Ivala. The latter two are killed, but Ginasta wounds the Incubus King seriously enough to weaken him. Simon and his party undertake an assault of their own to kill the Incubus King. They defeat and kill the Incubus King, but the Doom King declines to immediately take his shard. It is nearly stolen by the Lustlord, but Esthera intervenes to prevent this. Riala and Robin work together to implant the shard in Simon so that he can gradually "purify" it without taking it immediately.
- The entirety of the the Incubus King's Domain surrenders to the Doom King. The Doom King publicly takes Iris as one of his dominated servants.
- Simon uses the power he has been given by the Doom King to heal as many of the Unsucubbi as he can.
- The party splits up again to deal with the political fallout of the the Incubus King's defeat.
- The Fucklord uses the chaos to mount an assault on the Zirantian capital, but is turned back by a personal appearance of the goddess Antiala.
- A political settlement is reached for the Doom King's new empire, with it being subdivided into three autonomous vassal nations. New Givini in the south, led by Elleani, the Chalice States in the center, led by Riala, and a nation for the orcs known as Tak'Kan in the North, led by Grubbak.
1156 AE Summer/Autumn
- One year after the end of the 3rd Arclent War, Simon relocates his headquarters to a castle abandoned by the the Incubus King on the border between New Givini, the Chalice States and Tak'Kan. The party is reassembled from their various political tasks across Arclent, and the party makes its first incursion into The Tower.