This is a timeline of the major events of the world of The Last Sovereign, both before and during the plot of the game. As the game itself provides very few explicit dates, most of the dates are based on conjecture, interpretation, and information provided by the author outside the game. Nevertheless, this list is a good approximation of the order of events.
Dates are given in AE for Arclent Era, per Sierra Lee's definition. Cultures other than the human nations on that continent may use other calendar systems. All birth dates are taken from the ages on the wiki pages, with the ages presumed to be the age when they are first met by the party in game (Allowing some wiggle room as to what the date of the first meeting is).
Before Arclent Era Edit
- Eustrin founded for the protection of the Dwarven people.
- An ancient Incubus King (not the Incubus King) ruled in present day Zirantia.
- Zirantian led monarchy in cultural successor to the Incubus King ruled state in present day Zirantia.
Early Arclent Era Edit
- The Lustlord becomes a shard-holder, takes control of the Kingdom of Rodak.
- The Anak becomes a shard-holder, takes control of the Kingdom of Philon.
- 1st Arclent War ("Foundation War" in Ardoheim.)
- Formation of Ardoheim, Aram and Givini as states.
- Esthera becomes a shard-holder, formation of the Orgasmic Empire in Renthnor.
c. 850-900 AE
- Explorers from Arclent circumnavigate the globe.
- Discovery of the continent of Thenours by Arclent's Explorers.
- Founding of Thaumaturgical Academy in Stineford.
- Reign of King Ristlin VII of an unnamed kingdom in the region of Stineford.
11th Century AE Edit
c. 1045 - 1065 AE
- Birth of future High Priestess Hester.
c. 1081-1082 AE
c. 1000?? - 1110 AE
12th Century AE Edit
c. 1100 - 1130 AE
- The Lord of Blood acquires a shard, establishes his floating fortress and begins building his armies.
1100s AE Edit
1110s AE Edit
c. 1110-1112 AE
- Simon's Father remarries.
c. 1110 - 1118 AE
2nd Arclent War Edit
c. 1112-1115 AE
- Death of Simon's Father and Step-Mother in early stages of war, before they had any children.
- Latest probable dates for the beginning of Alonon's reign as King of Ardoheim.
c. 1112-1117 AE
- Marriage of Simon and Wendis.
- Birth of Eytria as Princess of Darghelon.
- Birth of Dheria as Princess of Gheldaron.
c. 1113 - 1122
- Fall of nations in what is now the Chalice.
- Fall of Givini. King of Givini and his personal guard make a last stand to allow their allies to escape.
- Simon escapes from Givini with Ardan Army.
c. 1117 - 1122
- Fall of Vinario.
- Loss of Western Aram to the Incubus King.
- Simon and Wendis carry on an affair with Linda, an aunt of the future Aramite Captain Palina while serving in Aram. Linda is killed in battle when Simon was present, and he carried her body back while severely wounded himself, which Palina witnessed as a child.
- Fall of the Southwestern Elf Kingdom.
- Destruction of the political leadership of the nations in the areas of Feroholm and Stineford, temporary occupation of these areas by the Incubus King.
- Creation of the legions of Unpeople.
- Repulse of the armies of the Incubus King from regions of Feroholm and Stineford, and also the territory of some of the ruined kingdoms west and South of Feroholm and the Withered Mountain. Ardoheim annexes all of these areas.
- The Incubus King is trapped in Devil's Pass for several months through powerful Divine magic.
1120s AE Edit
- Official end of the 2nd Arclent War, the Incubus King is recognized as ruler of territories held by his forces.
- Birth of Antarion in Ardoheim.
- Church of Ivala wages an undeclared war on the Incubus King, ultimately resorting to the Chosen of Ivala. Military units serving the Ardan Army continue the fight in an apparently unofficial capacity at first, with only the Church armies remaining in the fight by the end.
c. 1123 - 1128 AE
- The Incubus King launches an amphibious invasion of what is now Zirantia, a secondary goal of which is the acquisition of powerful artifacts left by previous Incubus Kings.
- Ardan and Ivalan Church armies, including Simon and Wendis, intervene to expel the Incubus King from Zirantia.
- Hilstara, as a young teenager, serves with Simon and Wendis in the Ardan army prior to Wendis' death.
c. 1126 - 1134 AE
- Death of Varia's family in Western Ghenalon in arson/lynching.
- Owing to political pressure from the ambiguity of the line of succession to her brother King Alonon following the deaths of many of the royal family in the war, Tyna's mother marries after remaining single until late in life.
- Birth of Aka in Ardoheim.
- Birth of Fuani.
- Birth of Ginasta in Renthnor.
- Birth of Lynine in Darghelon.
- Birth of Yarra in the Incubus King's Domain.
- Wendis is killed by the spiritual remnant of an ancient Incubus King during a skirmish for control of its crypt between the Ardan/Ivalan Expeditionary Force and the forces of the Incubus King. Riala is present on the Incubus King's side.
c. 1129 - 1132 AE
1130s AE Edit
c. 1130 - 1145 AE
- Simon spends several years in the Renthnor Wilds searching for knowledge that would help defeat the Incubus King. He also spends a few months in Thenours.
- During this period, Hilstara transfers from the Ardan Army to the Church armies, then becomes a mercenary with the Redlight company.
- Birth of Altina.
- Birth of Dari in Thenours.
- Birth of Elleani to an elf father and a noble Givini mother in the Incubus King's Domain.
- Birth of Qum D'umpe.
c. 1131-1137 AE
c. 1133-1145 AE
- Birth of Robin.
c. 1136 - 1146 AE
- Birth of Min.
1140s AE Edit
c. 1138 - 1145 AE
- The Fucklord acquires a shard and seizes control over Erosia.
- Dari's family flees a smaller country in Thenours by paying for passage on an ocean-going trading ship. Both her parents died during the voyage, leaving Dari an orphan in Ardoheim on her arrival.
c. 1140 - 1150 AE
c. 1140 - 1145 AE
c. 1143 - 1150 AE
- Janine and the late King of Yhilin are married and ascend the throne as co-regnants.
- Death of King of Yhilin, Janine reigns as sole monarch.
c. 1143 - 1145 AE
- Wynn settles in Zirantia and begins living alone in the wilderness, concentrating on her research.
c. 1144 - 1150 AE
- Teenaged Dari undergoes a botched and unwanted Unwoman transformation.
1150s AE Edit
c. 1148 - 1153 AE
- Varia steals cache of explosives in Thenours and flees to Arclent, begins life as a bandit chief in area around Ardoheim.
- Robin begins attending Thaumaturgical Academy in Stineford.
- Simon begins accompanying and training the Chosen of Ivala while based in Feroholm.
- Yarra flees the Incubus King's Domain.
- Dari is arrested on false charges of assault and imprisoned in "The Hole".
Events of The Last Sovereign Edit
1153 AE Spring/Early Summer
- Simon and Altina accompany Kai to the fortress on Withered Mountain. Death of Kai and capture of Altina.
- Riala implants Simon with a soul-shard.
- Simon accompanies Tal to Delgar Forest, meets Aka.
- Party discovers Yarra at cache of sexual power. Aka is corrupted.
- Death of Tal. Yarra and Aka join party.
- Yarra convinces Simon to partly embrace his power in Feroholm. Rescue of Qum.
- Party meets Megail at merchant camp.
- Party meets Orcent.
- Party stays in Stineford, meets Hilstara.
- Robin joins the party.
- Party takes Devil's Pass to Yhilin. Hilstara joins after betrayal by Ivastan.
- Party defeats palace coup against Janine in Ari-Yhilina. Simon acquires ownership of Trin.
- Megail joins Harem after dispute with Reval and the Kingsmen.
1153 AE Summer/Early Autumn
- The Doom King consolidates his initial army, recruiting orcs and succubi in the regions of Stineford and Feroholm.
- Possible rescue of Altina. Possible encounter with Stark. Party meets The Impaler.
- Riala warns the party of an impending invasion of Ardoheim by the Incubus King's orc horde.
- The party acquires Commander Geoff's grudging permission to pass the Watchtowers, warning him of the impending attack.
- The party meets Carina at the Dark Fortress while reconnoitering the mountain passes near the Watchtowers. Iris fires a Seed of Corruption at the fortress, which Carina destroys at the expense of her purity. Carina joins the party and the harem.
- Battle of the Incubus King's orc horde, Carina's troops and the forces of the Doom King at the passes by the Dark Fortress. The Doom King becomes a vassal of Esthera, Simon is taken as a hostage by Esthera.
- Simon's sojourn in the Orgasmic Empire.
- Megail, Hilstara, Varia and Carina journey to Aram and Eustrin, first encounter with Mestan.
- Aka, Robin and Trin lay groundwork for the plan in Ari-Yhilina.
- Yarra, Qum and Orcent attend The Gathering of Kings. Ginasta terminates the Skullcrusher with extreme prejudice.
1153 AE Autumn
- The Reunion.
- Ardford Summit. Simon's secret surprised by Vhala.
- Rescue of Dari. Party investigates the misuse of unpeople with Vhala.
- The party meets Antarion, a great duelist and and an incorrigible woman-chaser.
- Trial of Radical Ivalans before King Alonon. Tyna acts as prosecutor.
1154 AE Winter/Spring
1154 AE Spring/Summer
- Party possibly encounters Ralke.
- The Doom King invades Yhilin.
- Party helps pacify and stabilize Ari-Yhilina after the Doom King takes control.
1154 AE Autumn
1155 AE Winter
- Party visits Zirantia.
- Uyae joins the party. Fuani emigrates to Yhilin with party.
- Simon reunites and quarrels with Wynn.
1155 AE Spring/Early Summer
- Possible birth of Implevon the Third in Yhilini orc breeding program.
- Transformation of Orcent. Second anniversary of Simon's acquiring the shard.
- Trade Negotiations between Orgasmic Empire, Ghenalon and Yhilin.
- Simon's alter ego as a Commander of the Doom King's forces is given the name "Dargai" owing to an orcish malapropism.
1155 AE Summer
- Party visits Eustrin.
- Mestan meets Simon, Simon reunites with Palina.
- Neranda and the Doom King formalize a secret alliance between Eustrin and Yhilin.
- Eustrin formalizes secret trade relations with Darghelon, Gheldaron, and the Maranite bedouin.
- Border Incident between Yhilin and Aram.
3rd Arclent War Edit
1155 AE Summer/Autumn
- Strategic bombardment with Seeds of Corruption of all the free nations of Arclent by the Incubus King. Party deploys via teleportation to destroy as many seeds as possible.
- Beginning of the 3rd Arclent War.
- Yhilini Army under the command of Hilstara deploys to Aram to help intercept the forces of the Incubus King. Varia and (possibly) Altina accompany her as lieutenants.
- Yarra, Qum and Nalili commence infiltration of the Incubus King's Domain, encounter and recruit Elleani in tunnels leading to the Chalice.
- Robin helps her former professors and classmates destroy a Seed and prepare the Academy and Stineford as a whole for the coming conflict. Orcent arrives in Stineford with an advance guard of Yhilini orcs and succubi.
- Aka, Uyae and Carina are deployed as military liaisons to Ardford, working with Tyna, Commander Geoff and Vhala. They assist in battle for the Ardan bridges. The Doom King and Simon teleport in to assist as well. Antarion helps Simon secure one bridge, but flees when an enslaved Riala appears.
- Hilstara, Varia and (possibly) Altina work to coordinate Yhilini forces with those of Aram, encountering difficulty with the leadership of the Holy Legion. Grubbak appears, offering to defect with a force of the Incubus King's orcs. Mestan appears and offers to assist the cause with an assassination. Implevon the Third may possibly be activated as an aerial scout.
- The Incubus King makes a surprise assault on Stineford, Robin helps direct the defense of the city and the Academy by using a temporary holy barrier to divide the invading orc horde in two, so that Orcent's force can defeat it in detail.
- The Incubus King appears in person outside Stineford and breaches the barrier. Wynn reveals to Simon that she knows his secret, and teleports to the Academy to use necromancy on the hostile orcs in its defense. The Doom King teleports to the battlefield to confront the Incubus King in person, and eventually forces him to retreat with the assistance of the Academy's mages. The forces of the Incubus King are pushed South through Feroholm towards Ardford.
- The Aramite Holy Legion leads an ill-advised offensive into the wastelands between Aram and the Incubus King's Domain, forcing Hilstara and her team to intervene to prevent a rout. The Aramite front becomes a war of attrition.
- Yhilini dissidents exploit the distraction of the war to attempt a coup to overthrow the Doom King and Janine, but are defeated.
- Yarra's team arrives at Gasm Falls in the Chalice, and begin sowing dissent among the local succubi and orcs, encountering a high level double agent who helps them compromise a Tower of Mist. Ginasta, with an Inquisitor and an unnamed Chosen of Ivala, exploits the breach of the Tower of Mist to teleport into Gasm Falls in preparation for a direct attack to assassinate the Incubus King.
- Simon joins Robin and Orcent in Stineford and travel to Feroholm to help organize advance of the Doom Kiing's army towards the main body of the Incubus King's forces. They are joined by Robin's former classmate Sho, and repulse two sneak attacks on Feroholm.
- Aka's team works with Vhala to mitigate the damage the war is doing to Ardoheim.
- Simon travels to Ardford to coordinate strategy with High Priestess Hester. The Wall of Ivala is activated, dividing and trapping the Incubus King's armies in Ardoheim, while cutting off most of their supplies.
- The Incubus King reveals the Unsuccubi, greatly increasing the chaos on the Ardan front.
- Simon's alter-ego as Dargai is compromised by the Ardan government.
- Riala is captured and deprogrammed by the Doom King. Together they turn Iris into a double agent.
- Elleani's network of Givini survivors and Succubus dissenters is recruited by the forces of the Doom King.
- Transformation of Grubbak.
- Tyna asks her uncle, King Alonon to intervene more directly in the war effort. He refuses, but gives her the royal seal. Tyna requests the assistance of Vhala, Aka, Carina, Uyae, Lynine and Orilise in taking a more active leadership role in the Ardan government to direct the war effort. This is agreed to and the decision is ratified by Simon shortly thereafter.
- Simon, with the assistance of Vhala, Aka, Carina and Uyae, destroys Unsuccubi and encourages the surrender of the forces of the Incubus King on the Western Ardan Front.
- The Incubus King captures several teleportation mages in a bid to assault Ardford directly. Commander Geoff tries to stall the Incubus King in personal combat with the aid of Antarion, but Antarion abandons him to die. Despite this, the Incubus King's assault is repulsed. The teleportation mages are released by defecting succubi at the instigation of Iris.
- Orcent and Grubbak, possibly with the assistance of the Impaler, Ralke and Implevon the Third, vie for the support of the orcs of the the Incubus King's Domain at the Bloody Spire.
- Hilstara, with the aid of Varia and possibly Altina. attempts to hold a group of passes into Aram against a renewed orc onslaught organized personally by The Incubus King.
- Ginasta attempts a direct attack on the Incubus King with the Inquisitor and the Chosen of Ivala. The latter two are killed, but Ginasta wounds the Incubus King seriously enough to weaken him. Simon and his party undertake an assault of their own to kill the Incubus King.
- Simon defeats and kills the Incubus King, but declines to immediately take his shard. It is nearly stolen by the Lustlord, but Esthera intervenes to prevent this. Riala and Robin work together to implant the shard in Simon so that he can gradually "purify" it without taking it immediately.
- The entirety of the the Incubus King's Domain surrenders to the Doom King.
- Simon uses the power he has been given by the Doom King to heal as many of the Unsucubbi as he can.
- Aka reconnects with Orcent and Grubbak to gauge their success at winning over the the Incubus King's orcs.
- Yarra, Vhala and Carina attempt to prevent the local commander of the border between Ardoheim and the Incubus King's Domain from launching an offensive to reclaim some land in the area, but the situation is saved when Tyna is teleported in by King Alonon's magic to order the commander to stand down.
- Trin uses her "particular set of skills" in the Incubus King's Domain to help Riala and Iris stabilize the political situation there.
- Orilise negotiates with Biyue regarding the political situation in Zirantia, while Uyae and Wynn facilitate Zirantian-Ardan negotiations on the border. Unfortunately, The Fucklord uses the chaos to mount an assault on the Zirantian capital, but is turned back by a personal appearance of the goddess Antiala. Wynn is able to grab a sample of the goddess' magical signature in the ensuing chaos.
- Robin and Sho must deal with an attack on the local succubi by the Magekillers, who are working on behalf of the local High Priestess of Ivala.
- On the Aramite front, Hilstara works with Megail and Lynine to organize the cleanup and rebuilding, but has to disarm a confrontation between the two armies. Hopefully, Qum will be able to provide a magical solution...
- The Doom King publicly takes Iris as one of his dominated servants.
- A political settlement is reached for the Doom King's new empire, with it being subdivided into three autonomous vassal nations. New Givini in the south, led by Elleani, the Chalice States in the center, led by Riala, and a nation for the orcs known as Tak'Kan in the North, led by Grubbak.
- Simon uses what military, political and economic resources he has available to him to help solve the many problems in the aftermath of the war, then works with Megail to invest his personal wealth in a productive way.